After the great success of the dive holiday we organized to Egypt last November, we now planning a new trip. This time we organizing a liveaboard safari to “the deep south and St Johns”in the Red sea by Egypt close to the Sudan Border. The advantage of a liveaboard is that you can reach dive sites much further out. This way you come on sites the daily boats never reach. So there will be more unspoiled reefs and less divers on the spot on the same time. This gives you better changes to see the bigger species, sharks, rays and dolphins. . This trip is suitable for divers of all levels but for some sites a minimum of advanced level plus 30 or sometimes 50 dives is required. So a good excuse to work on this during your summer holiday whilst you’re here in Spain? More info about trip route…
We speaking with 2 different travel agencies and the owner of one of the vessels to get the best deal. Both boat safaris are doing the Deep South route towards the Sudan Border and visiting the reefs of St Johns where we have to see the Hammerheads, white tip sharks and blue sharks.
The yachts where we will stay on are 4 or 5* The trip will be all inclusive. (except alcoholic drinks). All rooms have their own bathroom and aircon. There will be electric power supply for charging batteries etc. The trip will be inclusive 5 days of boat diving on the most unspoiled reefs in the south of the Egyptian part of the Red sea including 3 or 4 dives a day. Nitrox is available, by one of the operators even included.
The plan is to go on the 7th of November 2013. For the one who fly from different locations and arrive on Wednesday the 6th they have an extra night on the boat. The ones who fly on the 7th have an extra night in an local hotel afterwards. Depends on tour operator, Both nights are included in the price.
Again the planning is to fly from Amsterdam to Marsa Alam (or Hurgada) again. Because this is the cheapest option. And Amsterdam is quit central for the most of us. Last year some of us flew in from the UK and Ireland and even with a night in an hotel in Amsterdam,this was a lot cheaper than to fly from the UK or Spain.
For the booking we have some different options:
1. Full all inclusive liveaboard package including flights, (1 night hotel) and dives, flying from Amsterdam Holland. These seems to be the cheapest even if you have to book the extra flights from the UK or Spain to Amsterdam. Prices aprox €800* plus flights (Aprox€350-€400) from Amsterdam)
But if you prefer you can also book the package without flights like some of you requested so you can meet us in Egypt before departure. If necessary we can organize some extra nights in an hotel nearby before or after the trip to get the best connection with your flights. Just let us know.
2. Full all inclusive liveaboard package without flights from 2nd operatour, (1 night hotel) and dives, getting your own flight from anywhere in Europe. aprox €800*.
3. Full all inclusive liveaboard package without flights, directly from owner/ tour operator and dives, getting your own flight from anywhere in Europe. aprox €800*.
• € 15/20 pp visa costs for Egypt
• Reef Marine Park & Taxation
• South & St. Johns = € 55 pp
*For now the exact price are not available because the flight prices are not available yet. And because I’m negotiating with 3 travel agencies for their best price for a group.
If you like to join us then contact us so we estimate the size of the group. And the more people joining us the better the deal we can get.